Key vocabulary to understand and use in a sentence:
family, Mum/Mummy, Dad/Daddy, Grandma, Grandad, aunt, uncle, cousin, friends, special, unique, feelings, happy, excited, sad, sharing, caring.
I feel happy when I…
Ways to support your child this half term:
*Support your child to wash their hands thoroughly. We sing ‘1,2,3,4,5, once I caught a fish alive’ at nursery to support them to wash for 20 seconds.
*Talk about special events and experiences with your child, for example, birthdays, holidays, days out.
* Talk about the seasons. Discuss what the weather is like in summer and autumn. What clothes do we wear?
* Look at photos of family members and talk about who they are.
* Talk about similarities and differences within their family.
* Let your child help match up their socks. Talk about the colours and patterns.
* Sing nursery rhymes together.
* Play games together that encourage sharing and turn-taking.
* Encourage your child to tidy away their own toys.
Member of Owlcotes Multi-Academy TrustOwlcoates MAT